The New Nikon D5, D500 and SB-5000 Speedlight
Today, Nikon announces the D5, D500 and SB-5000 Speedlight. The D5 is the new flagship DSLR of Nikon, released along with the D500 and SB-500 Speedlight. Please see more details of each product below.
Nikon D5 – Vision Outperformed
With the new Nikon D5, speed, accuracy, image quality, low light and video capabilities all pushed to thrilling new limits. With its high resolution image sensor and wide standard ISO range, a remarkable new 153-point AF system with a dedicated processor, EXPEED 5 advancements in image processing and noise reduction, blazing fast 12 fps shooting and, 4K Ultra High Definition (UHD) video capabilities, the Nikon D5 can change the way pros and passionate photographers shoot.
- New 20.8MP FX-format CMOS image sensor and EXPEED 5 image processing
- Widest native ISO range ever in a Nikon full-frame DSLR: ISO 100 to 102,400 (expandable to Hi-5, ISO 3,280,000)
- Redesigned AF system with a 153 focus points, 99 cross-type sensors and a dedicated processor
- 4K Ultra High Definition (UHD) video recording and pro-grade video features
- 12 fps continuous shooting with full AF and AE performance; up to 200 shots in a single burst
Nikon D500 – Condensed Power
The best things are worth waiting for – sporting a newly designed 20.9 Megapixel DX CMOS sensor coupled with Nikon’s EXPEED 5 image processor, the D500’s image quality will amaze even in the most challenging situations. Its ISO range of 100-51,200 (Expandable to 1,640,000) and 4K UHD capabilities will empower you to create stills and videos that match your creative vision, while its 3.2-inch 2,359k-dot tilting LCD touchscreen and 10 fps continuous shooting features will help you get the shot even from the tough to get angles.
- 20.9MP DX format CMOS sensor and EXPEED 5 image processor
- Multi-CAM 20K Autofocus sensor with 153/99 AF points
- ISO range of 100-51,200 expandable to Lo 1 and Hi 5 (50 – 1,640,000 equivalent)
- Share images instanly with built-in SnapBridge (Wi-Fi® + Bluetooth) capabilities
- Shoot cinematic 4K UHD video
- Dual card slots – XQD and SD media
Nikon SB-5000 Speedlight
Discover exciting new lighting possibilities with the Nikon SB-5000 Speedlight that features radio controlled Advanced Wireless Lighting* and a hot-shoe mount flash cooling system. Trigger remote flashes behind obstacles, around corners, in bright sunlight and even in other rooms. Shoot over 100 consecutive shots at full output. Smaller and easier to operate, the Nikon SB-5000 AF Speedlight gives fast-shooting studio, commercial and event photographers control of the light around them.
- Radio control Advanced Wireless Lighting that does not require line-of-sight to work
- Flash cooling system provides more than 100 consecutive shots at full output
- Streamlined access to your frequently used functions such as Flash Mode, Zoom Head Position and Flash Compensation Value
- Fully compatible with all current optical control Speedlights