CORSAIR SCIMITAR PRO RGB Gaming Mouse Launched at CES 2017
CORSAIR, a world leader in enthusiast memory, PC components and high-performance gaming hardware today announced the release of the new SCIMITAR PRO RGB gaming mouse. Based on the same award-winning Key Slider™ 12 side-button design as the CORSAIR SCIMITAR RGB, the CORSAIR SCIMITAR PRO RGB adds on-board profile storage and a state-of-the-art native 16,000 DPI PMW3367 optical sensor developed in partnership with PIXART for precise control in single DPI steps for ultra-accurate, high-speed tracking.
The CORSAIR SCIMITAR PRO RGB also adds a comprehensive set of hardware playback options for both programmable buttons and RGB lighting effects, allowing gamers to save up to three profiles of keyboard shortcuts or RGB lighting right to the mouse. Engineered to revolutionize MMO and MOBA gameplay, the CORSAIR SCIMITAR PRO RGB has everything gamers need to conquer quests, win rounds and defeat the competition, all at the click of a button.
Designed from the start to give MMO and MOBA gamers the edge, the CORSAIR SCIMITAR PRO RGB is crafted to fit the contours of your palm, no matter your hand size, and provide comfortable, assured grip even over epic gaming sessions. Central to this is the exclusive patent-pending Key Slider™ system, allowing the 12 mechanical side macro buttons to be re-positioned by up to 8mm, keeping every key within reach and exactly where you need it at the crucial moment.
Pre-loaded with three profiles of common shortcuts for MMOs, MOBAs and productivity, the CORSAIR SCIMITAR PRO RGB’s hardware playback makes it easy to customize control in your favorite games. Each of the CORSAIR SCIMITAR PRO RGB’s 17 buttons can be fully remapped in CORSAIR Utility Engine (CUE) software, with the macros saved to on-board memory for use on any system. The CORSAIR SCIMITAR PRO RGB also boasts four-zone RGB lighting, with gorgeous multi-color lighting effects and colors saved to on-board memory.
At its heart, CORSAIR SCIMITAR PRO RGB is powered by a custom gaming grade 16,000 DPI PIXART optical sensor. Granting phenomenal accuracy and high-speed tracking, the sensor’s DPI is adjustable in as little as single DPI increments using CUE, allowing players to tune their sensitivity settings to exactly their preference and prevent mis-clicks and over-shoots. What’s more, the CORSAIR SCIMITAR PRO RGB can actively tune its sensor to optimize performance for virtually any gaming surface using the surface calibration utility in CUE.
CORSAIR SCIMITAR PRO RGB Specifications
- Exclusive Key Slider™ macro button control system: The patent-pending design provides 8mm of key travel with a secure lock to ensure every button is within reach.
- 12 Optimized mechanical side buttons: Designed to pro-player specifications for consistent tactile feedback and precise actuation. Textured side button keycaps provide enhanced grip and feel.
- Onboard storage with hardware macro playback: Three predefined profiles include actions common for MMO/MOBA gaming as well as general purpose keyboard shortcuts. Advance your gameplay and create your own profile with custom actions and lighting effects.
- Custom PMW3367 PIXART 16,000 DPI optical sensor: Ultra-accurate and high-speed tracking engine. Native 16,000 DPI resolution, settable in single DPI steps, can be custom tuned to virtually any type of mouse pad.
- Available in yellow or black: Styled to suit your system, the SCIMITAR PRO RGB is available in both yellow and black finishes.
- Surface calibration tuning utility: Optimizes sensor precision and responsiveness for your playing surface.
- Dynamic multicolor four-zone backlighting: Customizable backlighting immerses you in the game by providing nearly unlimited lighting adjustability.
- Comfortable, precision, optimized shape: Crafted to fit your palm for the highest level of comfort no matter your hand size or grip style.
- Ultrafast 1ms lag-free game play: Supports up to 1,000Hz/1ms USB refresh rate for a near instant response to your movements.
- CUE software control supercharges your mouse: Enables you to program custom MMO timer countdowns, double macros, DPI matrices, and more.
Availability, Warranty and Pricing
The SCIMITAR PRO RGBis available immediately from the CORSAIR worldwide network of authorized retailers and distributors and is backed by a two-year warranty and the CORSAIR worldwide customer support network.