Noctua NH-L9a-AM5 Low-Profile CPU Coolers for AMD Ryzen Launched
Noctua launches the NH-L9a-AM5 Low-Profile CPU coolers for the latest generation AMD Ryzen processors using the AMD AM5 socket. The Noctua NH-L9a-AM5 will also come in a chromax.black model with all-black components that includes even the mounting brackets. These coolers will complete Noctua’s cooling solutions for the AMD Ryzen processors using the AM5 socket since the previous generation NH-L9a-AM4 Low-Profile CPU coolers are not compatible with the latest AMD socket.
- Proven premium heatsink (more than 100 awards and recommendations from international hardware websites), now available in an all-black design that goes great with many colour schemes and RGB LEDs
- Only 37mm height allows it to fit compact HTPC and Small Form Factor (SFF) cases, tailored footprint guarantees 100% RAM and PCIe compatibility on all ITX, Micro-ATX and ATX AM5 motherboards
- Renowned, award-winning NF-A9x14 slim 92mm fan with Low-Noise Adaptor and PWM for automatic speed control: full cooling performance under load, whisper quiet at idle!
- Includes high-end NT-H1 thermal paste and SecuFirm2 mounting system for easy installation on AMD AM5 (LGA1718) processors
- Renowned Noctua quality backed up by a 6-year manufacturer’s warranty
Noctua today presented the latest addition to its successful NH-L9 series of low-profile CPU coolers: At a height of only 37mm, the new NH-L9a-AM5 and NH-L9a-AM5 chromax.black are an excellent choice for quiet, ultra-compact HTPCs or Small Form Factor (SFF) systems using AMD’s latest, AM5-based Ryzen processors.
AMD’s just-released 65W Ryzen CPUs are ideal for building small yet highly powerful systems, and our new NH-L9a-AM5 is the perfect cooler to match. It can easily cool the new 7900, 7700 and 7600 at ultra-quiet fan speeds and offers plenty of headroom if customers want to push them beyond 65W – we’ve actually been running up to 130W on the Ryzen 7950X and 7900X!”Roland Mossig (Noctua CEO)
Since the original Noctua NH-L9a coolers for AM3 and AM4 have received more than 100 awards and recommendations from international hardware websites and magazines, the new AM5 revision builds on the same proven heatsink design to provide excellent low-profile cooling performance for AMD’s latest Ryzen processors.
At a height of only 37mm, the Noctua NH-L9a is ideal for extremely slim cases and, due to its small footprint, it provides 100% RAM and PCIe compatibility as well as easy access to near-socket connectors even on tightly packed mini-ITX motherboards. The custom-designed SecuFirm2™ mounting system for the AM5 socket makes installation a breeze and, thanks to the highly optimized NF-A9x14 92mm fan that supports fully automatic speed control via PWM, the NH-L9a-AM5 runs remarkably quietly. The chromax.black version with its black fan and black coated heatsink combines these assets with a sleek stealth look.
Topped off with Noctua’s renowned NT-H1 thermal compound, the NH-L9a-AM5, and NH-L9a-AM5 chromax.black combine everything users have come to expect from Noctua’s larger coolers into a super-compact, a premium-quality package for ITX and HTPC builds with AMD AM5 processors.
For customers who seek to further improve the performance of the cooler, the optional NA-FD1 fan duct kit allows for bridging the gap between the cooler and perforated side panels of Small Form Factor cases. This enables the cooler to draw in fresh air from the outside through the perforated panel, which can depending on the setup, improve CPU temperatures by as much as 5°C or more.
Availability and Pricing
The Noctua NH-L9a-AM5 CPU coolers are now available at partner resellers worldwide. See pricing below.
- Noctua NH-L9a-AM5: $44.95 at the Noctua Store on Amazon
- Noctua NH-L9a-AM5 chromax.black: $54.95 at the Noctua Store on Amazon
Product Page Links